Prolozone: Ozone's Magic on Joints and Spinal Discs
Healing Ozone? You know that ozone protects us from the damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun. But did you know that ozone also can protect our cells and reverse injury done to cells? A molecule of 3 oxygen atoms loosely attached to each other provides an amazing triad of healing oxygen to the area of damage. Ozone donates the oxygen atoms allowing the cellular engine to be fixed. Ozone improves cellular metabolism and energy output thereby allowing the cell to do what it needs to do. This includes healing cartilage cells, nerve cells, immune cells and more.
Prolozone is a combination of an antiinflammatory solution of vitamins and homeopathics followed by medical grade ozone gas into a joint, trigger point or disc providing the area improved oxygenation, nutrition and inflammatory control. Ozone delivers the extra healing oxygen molecule and helps repair cellular mitochondria (energy producer of the cell) to allow for reduced pain, improved flexibility and mobility and joint, ligament, tendon repair.
Locally injected medical ozone is safe and effective for disk, joint, cartilage, ligament, tendon and nerve repair. This is often used in combination with PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma to improve outcomes for patients with arthritis (osteo and rheumatoid), tendonitis, ligament tears and who might be facing joint replacement in the future.
Things We Treat
Prolozone is a relatively painless proliferate and antiinflammatory therapy which stimulates the ligaments, joints and tendons toward recovery and repair. Depending on severity, and duration of pain you should expect 4-6 treatments for an area to fully repair. In acute injuries, treatment times are much shorter and faster.
- Ligament or Tendon Strains or Sprains
- Joint Degeneration
- Joint Pain and Swelling from Lyme Disease
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Arthritis (Osteo and Rheumatoid)
- Back Pain/Disc problems
- Migraines or Headaches
- Neck and Shoulder pain
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow
- Morton's Neuroma
- Trigger Points
- Lumbar or lower back pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff injuries
- Recurrent Shoulder dislocation
- Ganglion Cysts
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Baker's Cyst
- ACL or PCL cruciate ligament tears
- Shin Splints
- Chronic Edema
- And More...
What to Expect
- Average treatment for Prolozone takes approximately 30-45 minutes, PRP Prolotherapy takes 60-90 minutes. Ultrasound guidance is often used to accurately place the needle at the desired treatment location.
- The solution is injected into the treatment area using a small diameter needle followed by the Medical Grade Ozone gas. There is little discomfort during the treament but you may experience some discomfort and bruising in the days following the injection.
- Follow up injections are done in 2-4 week intervals.
- It is recommended that anti-inflammatories or NSAIDS not be used during recovery time but homeopathics for pain can be used.
- Be kind to yourself, rest and recover.